Sunday, December 11, 2005

Things that go bang in the night

Well, that was quite some explosion in Hemel Hempstead today. I live a long way from there but got woken just gone 6am by the sound of the explosion at the oil depot. I even got out of bed and looked outside because I though there must have been a crash or something similar. I then went back to bed and wondered if it was the sound or burglars breaking in and decided that if it was then I didn’t want to come face to face with them so went back to sleep instead.

When I went out just before 11am, the birds were screeching in the trees. I have never heard anything like it but I assume they were traumatised by the explosion. Not as traumatised as the people at the oil depot I imagine. It is fortunate that it happened when it did, so there were relatively few people about.

No comments: