Sunday, August 20, 2006

Travel bug

I had a much more successful haircut yesterday and my hairdresser said that he thought my previous hair cut was not done quite right. Not that it looked particularly odd or anything, it just wasn’t very well done. But now I am back to my normal glorious self *breathes a sigh of relief that this is the internet*

Anyway, I met up with my friend C yesterday and we had a really good catch up. She has just got back from Italy and been through all the hassles of travelling at the moment. She was actually meant to have gone to Israel but decided to change the plans a few weeks ago, as it didn’t seem the safest place to go, so I guess a few problems at the airport didn’t seem quite so bad by comparison.

Next year C wants to go to the US and Canada, so I said that I would look into it for her and work out whether what she wants to do is possible within her financial and time constraints. She wants to go to Boston, New York, Toronto, Niagara Falls, Montreal and Ottawa in 14 days. It’s perfectly possible to do that but might make things rather rushed and be quite expensive. There is a vague chance that I might fly out and join her while she is away if she goes to Montreal or Ottawa, because I have been to the other places but neither of those. Anyway, I really love planning holidays, even if it isn’t me who is travelling, so I am going to work out all the various travel options, look for some hotels and come up with a bit of an itinerary and some costings for her. Maybe that sounds a bit bizarre as I possibly won’t even be taking advantage of all this planning myself, but I know that I’ll really enjoy planning it and maybe it will inspire me to come up with some exciting travel plans for myself. Mind you, I am already going to The Gambia on holiday at the end of November and am possibly going to Siberia at the end of September for work, so I can’t complain too much. *mind wanders off to think about all the amazing places in the world to visit*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Siberia! Isn't that the place where the naughty people are sent forever? .. OK perhaps that only happened in the film 'Fiddler on the Roof'.

Hey, how much do you charge for planning trips away ? (I guess it's to late for my touring trip starting tomorrow to Southern Ireland?)

Random Reflections said...

TF- well, I must have been very naughty. Perhaps it will be a one way ticket.

I have been to Southern Ireland a few times. Had I known I could have applied my brain to it. I hope you have a good time away. My services are free, as they are for many things...

Pam - is the saying "never tie your shoelaces in the path of a herd of elephants"? No probably not that one, what about "are you feeling hot and sweaty? It's probably just life threatening malaria. You should have written your will"

Or perhaps not.