Sunday, September 10, 2006

Reasonable

The people came round to see the house yesterday morning, but they weren’t interested because they wanted somewhere that had two double bedrooms and there is just no way that is possible with where I live unless you knocked two bedrooms into one. So my landlady wasn’t very happy about that. However, the house was the main feature on the front of the local paper’s property section this week. I think one of the estate agents was feeling guilty because they showed someone around last week and the estate agent who did it deliberately blocked in one of the neighbour’s cars even though they asked him to move it. This does, however, mean that more people may come round to view the house this week, which is a bit annoying as my landlady is away, but also means that she won’t be carrying out military inspections every morning, She will just have to trust me *evil laugh*.

Things may be moving on soon with me buying somewhere. My solicitors wrote to me this week and said I should be able to exchange at my “earliest convenience”. This does however involve giving them a rather large cheque and so on, so I don’t know how convenient that is! The reason I don’t want to exchange quite yet though is that the lease issue still hasn’t been resolved. My solicitors think she should pay for the lease extension. I did tell them that I was working on the assumption that I would have to pay for it but they said they would approach the vendor and ask her to do it instead. That would save me thousands of pounds but I suspect she will refuse to pay. I am also not 100% certain how reliable she is either because I got sent the details of how much she owes the freeholder a few days ago and basically hasn’t paid any of their charges since she moved into the property.

Anyway, we’ll see what happens but I don’t want to annoy her. I went to see a friend from school last night and she has just moved into a new house and the people who sold them the house ripped out pretty much any fixture and fitting you can think of. That is actually illegal but they were just nasty people who because my friend tried to negotiate on the price, decided to get their own back by removing everything including the toilet roll holders, batteries from the smoke alarms, bathroom cabinet etc. I could do with avoiding confrontations like that, so we’ll see what happens about her paying for it and try and be reasonable.

No comments: