Sunday, May 20, 2007

Smiling - again

I have had a very good weekend so far. Friday night I met up with the current distraction, G, and we went for a drink before going over to G’s. A couple of G’s friends were at the bar, so we had a chat with them and one of them out of the blue said “so are you two together?” and there was that slightly awkward pause because neither of us quite knew what to say, as we hadn’t actually discussed this. After a few moments G said “er, yes I guess so”. Later that evening (without an audience!) we had a bit of a chat about it and decided that we are actually going out with each other - and I still have a smile on my face now!

Yesterday I met up with a friend for lunch and that was good. We don’t actually know each other all that well, but we always manage to find plenty to talk about and so that was a pleasant couple of hours. Then I went to try and get a haircut but was too late so went home and started some chores. I got out the electric hedge trimmers and cut back the hedge at the entrance to where I live. I had a chat with one of my neighbours first and she said that her father in law may come over this week and cut back the rest of the hedge, which would be great as it is taking over. Then I did some tidying up and hoovering, dashed to the supermarket and then went over to my parents’ house for dinner as my sister and nephew were there. I had a really nice evening there, despite my dad still being a bit of a pain. I think I was just feeling very relaxed though and we just chatted and had a bit of a laugh and my mum did her usual thing of saying highly inappropriate things and me having to tell her off(!). As I was about to walkout the door, I spotted a spider and mum said she’d sort it out and then kept tormenting me because she kept trying to convince me that it was in her hand – as I backed off down the hall. My mother is totally insane sometimes.

3 comments:

Eddy said...

Woo hoo - Random and G, go you two.

Drama Queen said...

I can't comment on your top post. . .

*grrr*

Random Reflections said...

James - Woo hoo indeed!

DQ - oh yes, you're quite right. I don't know what happened there but I have now fixed it. Apologies.