Saturday, February 17, 2007

Relief



I am feeling most uninspired today. I had to get out of bed about 8.30am as the postman couldn’t get an envelope through the letter box. It was actually my photos from when I went to Russia and The Gambia. I realise I got back from both last year, but I sometimes can be a bit slow at getting round to doing these things. I might post a couple of photos, if I can find any that are suitable.

I went to see my financial adviser on Thursday. He’s a nice chap and we talked about various things to try and do something better with my somewhat depleted finances and also hopefully get some tax back from the taxman next year. I don’t really know very much about the best way to deal with money. I live within my means and so on, but seeing as I probably could have had various bits of tax back over the years it is all a bit beyond me and so I need people who know rather more than me how to do these things.

I’m seeing my sister and nephew later and I think maybe my mum as well. I quite often refer to my nephew as “monkey boy” but of late have started to call him “chicken boy” (much to my sister’s disapproval) given his recent brush with chickenpox. I think that enough time has now passed that mean I haven’t got chickenpox, which is very good news. I wondered if the reason why I feel quite rough the week before last was because I was fighting off the possibility of getting chickenpox and also had a cold and the two things were kind of wearing me out. So hopefully I am out of the woods on that one.

I was talking to someone I used to work with yesterday. One of his brothers died in January and another one was seriously ill. I asked him how his brother was doing to which he replied “well the funeral’s next week” Oh…

Completely unrelated, if you get irritating phone calls, you might find this website useful in order to get rid of unwanted callers.

The image is from toothpaste for dinner

No comments: