Sunday, January 08, 2006

Leisure Pursuits

I bumped into my ex-housemate this morning and we had a bit of a chat. It was friendly enough so I think all is well there. That was the first time we’d had any contact since we went our seperate ways in November, in fact she didn’t even send me a Christmas card which I find a bit weird, but anyway it’s all fine.

I went into London last night to buy some DVDs and then went back this afternoon too and had a bit more of a browse. I was hoping to meet up with a friend but she is rabbit sitting at the moment and the rabbit has picked up some kind of bug infestation from the Christmas tree, which doesn’t sound entirely pleasant. What kind of bugs can you pick up from a Christmas tree anyway? I had to head home at a reasonable time because there is due to be a tube strike starting at 6.30 tonight.

It is an unusual strike in that the trains will be running but some stations may be closed. Station staff are meant to be striking because they are having their duties changed. There was a strike for the same reason on New Year’s Eve but the impact was fairly minimal, not that I was in London anyway at the time. I am hopeful that when I get up tomorrow I will discover that the stations I need to use for my journey to work are closed so that I can’t go in... Anyway, if you want some comment on the strike then Annie Mole’s blog is a good source (and don’t forget you can still nominate Annie’s or any of your other favourite blogs in the Bloggies. See my previous post if you have no idea what I am talking about).

Sadly my Head of Unit is due to return to work tomorrow. I can feel the cloud descending already. I get sent a round up of people’s diary so you can tell when people are in the office. My Head of Unit is meant to be having Blackberry training on Friday. I find this particularly odd as she can’t even use her computer. She can just about switch it on, but gets her secretary to print off all the e-mails and then dictates her responses for her secretary to then type and send on her behalf. So I have no idea what she would want a Blackberry for, but I am secretly hoping that it is an early retirement course where they teach you how to eat fruit and other such leisure pursuits. If eating fruit counts as a leisure pursuit...

No comments: