Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Bloggies are coming

It’s the Bloggies time of year again. What are those you may be asking? Basically, they are the blogging world’s equivalent of the Oscars, but without the statue.

Anyway, if you want to nominate your favourite blogs, here’s the link. This is not actually a plea for you to nominate me. I have done my nominations and I assure you I was not within them. However, it is a request for you to consider noimnating Annie Mole’s blog London Underground Tube Diary in the categories of ‘Best British or Irish Weblog’ and ‘Best Topical Blog’. If you don’t live in London then her site may not be of primary interest to you, but it is a great blog and she has just been awarded the World’s Best Urban Blogger. She has twice got through to the finals of the Bloggies but has never actually won. So maybe this is the year for her?

Even if you don’t vote for Annie, you probably have various blogs that you really like reading, so why not nominate them? You have until 10 January to make the nominations and you can then vote for the blogs that get through that stage from 20 January onwards. I will try and remember to put a reminder up.

My nominations are in, so I cannot be bribed, but the people I link to over on the right tend to feature pretty highly in my nominations, if that helps to massage any egos.

Update: [You have to read this in a whispered tone, as the person I am going to mention has gone all coy]. Someone else you might like to consider nominating is Anna at Little Red Boat. Another jolly good read. But obviously it's just a suggestion and it's up to you who you may wish to nominate.

1 comment:

annie mole said...

That's really kind of you. Thanks so much!!!