Thursday, May 11, 2006

Freedom

My landlady is away for a few days. In fact over the next couple of weeks, she is away more than she is about, and then I am away at various points during the couple of weeks after that.

I think my landlady has gone away on a walking holiday for a couple of days. It is kind of a relief because she has been doing my head in by purging the house of every bit of paperwork she can find. I think I may have to start locking my bedroom door to prevent her starting on my room.

The house is due to go on the market next week and my landlady has said that the house will need to be kept tidy. Translation: Your room is a complete state, sort it out. Well, we’ll see. She also said that the house was on the market for six months last year but she didn’t get any offers. Despite any good intentions, there is no way that I will be able to keep my room tidy for that long. My bedroom is really small – clearly demonstrated by me sleeping with my feet in a wardrobe – and I have no spare space in the room at all.

I don’t know how easy it will be to sell the house anyway. It is valued at over £500,000 (!) and has four bedrooms, but three of them are really small. In each of them you have to sleep with your feet in the wardrobe - and my bedroom is not the smallest. I think that is a phenomenal amount of money to pay for a house where three of the bedrooms are tiny.

I also find the house really dark, particularly downstairs, and that puts me off going home in the evening, especially on a nice sunny evening. I like light and airy houses and this certainly is not. It’s a house that you will either love or hate and I am hoping that it will take a while to sell as that gives me more time to decide what I am doing.

Anyway, some days of freedom ahead. Woo hoo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember living in a single room. There's no WAY it can be kept tidy! Is it valued so high because of it's location? Or does it look really nice from the outside?

And freedom rocks! I love it when I know my downstairs neighbour is out. Pump up the music!! :)

Random Reflections said...

I think it's so expensive partly because it's in London, but also because it is an old house so people are paying for 'character and history'.

Personally I'd rather buy somewhere with enough space not to have my feet in a wardrobe.

straighttalker05 said...

It would be perfect for snow white and 3 of her dwarfs. She can have the larger room, and those three will fit in the smaller rooms.

Is there a similar property for the other 4 dwarfs?

Random Reflections said...

I hadn't thought about that. I might have to ask the estate agent not to allow people less than a certain height to view the house.

Are you suggesting I am the height of a dwarf? I assure you I have exactly the right amount of tallness for my height.