Thursday, January 04, 2007

Confusion

I am not someone who is generally known for their tidiness (my ex-landlady would certainly testify to that…) but I have found that moving house has certainly confused my brain. Being untidy doesn’t necessarily mean that you don’t know where things are. An item might well be buried under a whole teetering stack of other things, but you do know that that it’s there. But moving house has made me forget that I even own certain things. It came as a real shock to me on Tuesday night that I would have to find some suitable shoes to wear to work and I stood there trying to remember what my work shoes actually look like. I think I found them but actually have know idea and when I have tidied a few more things away I might find another pair of shoes that might equally be for work.

I also have no idea where my glasses are. I have had them since I moved house but they now seem to have disappeared into the ether. I only wear glasses to read so can see perfectly well without them normally. But have had to find my spare glasses and wear those instead for now because I just cannot remember where I have left them. It is really unusual for me to lose things so I find it really strange.

When I got to work yesterday I realised I didn’t have the key to my desk drawers. The key was attached to my old house keys and so I didn’t have them with me. When I got home I scratched my head thinking of where I had put the keys and searched and searched and in this instance did finally find them. So I can at least have a cup of tea at work today. I keep very important things in my desk, as you can tell…

There are also various letters that I need to find, but cannot remember where I put them and there is a chance that they are not where I live at all but instead at my parents’ house, but I just don’t know. I feel I may need to get more organised or I will start to worry it is the early onset of Alzheimer’s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forget where i put my keys all the time so I got smart.
About a year ago I bought this fancy hook that I hang on the kitchen wall that you can put your keys on so you know where they are.
Now if I only can remembee to use it.
Now I got to go find my cell phone

Have a nice day

Random Reflections said...

Have you tried phoning yourself? Mind you whenever I seem to mislay my phone it either seems to be switched off or on silent. It's never that simple is it...