Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Good for the waistline

My neighbour came round to see me on Monday night. She’s not too keen on any work being done in her flat even though it would be to make sure that my hot water tank is safe. I can understand that she is not that she isn’t that happy about it, so I have arranged for the plumber to come and fix my thermostat next Tuesday and, if my neighbour is in, the plumber will go and speak to her and explain what he needs to do.

My neighbour was telling me that she hates walking home from the station in the dark, which I guess a lot of people might not be too keen on. But she told me that while ago she was on a train and she thought she was in the carriage on her own and she unwrapped a sweet and the sound of her opening the wrapper made a woke up a bloke who had been sleeping lying down on a seat. He went over and had a go at her for waking him up and she tried to run away and as she ran into the next carriage he grabbed her by her hair and wouldn’t let her go. A man in the next carriage grabbed her and pulled her in and then slammed the door on the bloke who was attacking her and the bloke continued to bash on the door. They then pulled the emergency cord and the driver called the police and the bloke was taken away by the police. What time of day was this?? 9 o’clock in the morning. Now if that doesn’t make you want to give up sweets forever, I don’t know what will. It will be good for the waistline and might even save your life.

I was talking to someone at work yesterday and saying that I should try and do some exercise really. She reckons I should try pilates, which apparently is good for you and tones you but doesn’t make you sweat or any other unladylike things. I might think about it, but as the most exercise I get at the moment is walking to and from work (which does include walking up a couple of escalators) I should probably do something to at least pretend that I am doing something to stay vaguely fit and healthy. Or I might just think about it a lot and never get round to it. Mental exercise is a form of exercise in itself, so that might be enough anyway. I’ll tell them that in years to come when I have had my fifth heart attack. *wanders off (slowly) to go and have a sit down*

No comments: