Monday, February 27, 2006

My professional opinion

Another week begins and a busy one at that, I think. Lunch was cancelled yesterday but I went over to see mum to find out how she was doing. She has a really bad cough and was coughing so much on Saturday that she was sick. You probably don’t need too much convincing that I was glad I wasn’t there for that. I only got about six hours sleep Saturday night and so really just wanted to go and see mum and curl up next to her on her bed and go to sleep, but she was just getting up when I arrived and I probably wouldn’t have got much sleep with her incessant coughing anyway. So selfish.

Like most people, I have the ability to become a major expert on someone else’s ill-health. Despite not really knowing what the source of mum’s cough was, there I was giving various remedies and solutions. If it weren’t for the fact that I would instantly pass out at the sight of any patients and that I have absolutely no medical knowledge, I would make a fantastic doctor- maybe that could be my next career move. Anyway it seems mum will be off work for a few more days yet, based on my professional opinion obviously.

I suspect my day ahead is going to be hectic. What with running around after my Head of Unit, actually making sure that I know what I am talking about tomorrow morning, finishing the slides to go with the talk and doing all of my normal work, with various meetings interspersed throughout the day. I also have to leave work at a reasonable time to find a post office to get a tax disc, due to my failure on Saturday. Thank goodness for the Post Office at Trafalgar Square which stays open late. Then I have to get up extra early tomorrow morning, as I probably need to be in by about 7.30am. *sigh* Better get on...

No comments: