Tuesday, February 07, 2006

You don't have to tell me I need to get a life...

Well, should you have ever wondered if I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on my hands, let me officially give you proof that indeed I do.

A while ago I mentioned Cadbury’s Creme Eggs and that one of the things I like about them is that they are only available for a certain part of the year. Someone commented that they are available all year, which then kind of confused me. This piece of information sat at the back of my mind and the other day I finally remembered to e-mail Cadbury to ask them. I know, I know... it’s unbelievably sad to do that but I have always been a curious little creature who likes to acquire useless pieces of information and I just needed to know the answer. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

Anyway, I got an e-mail back from them yesterday, which I assume was from some Oompa Loompa type creature and this said:

Cadbury’s Creme Egg is produced for the Easter period only and hopefully you should be able to find stocks in the shops and stores from Christmas right through to Easter. Some retailers buy sufficient stocks to extend their sales into the spring, but as with traditional Easter Eggs they are only intended to be on sale for the first few months of the year"

So there you have it. Quite how the Easter period seems to start at Christmas is a bit beyond me but I won’t dwell on that point. I hope you feel well and truly educated. Don’t all rush out and buy one at once.

2 comments:

The Gripes of Wrath said...

I had actually wondered...
*tips hat*

Random Reflections said...

You may have wondered but weren't actually sad enough to try and find out the answer.

I do shock myself at the lengths I go to sometimes in order to satisfy my curious mind.