Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A sigh of relief

I woke up during the night feeling very nervous about the talk I had to give this morning. I dreamt that my director walked in and said my talk was totally wrong. Anyway, as it turned out, it was totally fine and my Head of Unit was pleased with it. Praise indeed...

It involved getting up really early (for me) and as I was at work until quite late last night I am hoping to escape at a reasonable time tonight

Anyway, it was a busy day yesterday and I didn’t stop all day at work, dealing with one thing and then another, including running round after my Head of Unit. This did prompt be to send an e-mail to someone I used to work with to express my frustration. It was just one sentence, but believe me it said it all! She phoned me later to see if I was still alive and said that often when my e-mails turned up they were already marked as read. That’s kind of bizarre. Obviously my e-mails are fascinating but I wasn’t planning on them having a wider readership. Particularly the e-mail I sent yesterday. Maybe it’s just some quirk in the system. I hope *thinks about the content of some of the e-mails sent from work account- gulp…*

It’s my sister’s birthday today. I have posted her card but will give her a present next time I see. She wanted Pride and Prejudice on DVD, so that’s what I got her. Probably talking to her about it on the phone and saying what a great deal Tesco were running a few weeks ago so I got a really good deal on it, wasn’t the most heart-warming message. Must work on that.

No comments: