Monday, August 01, 2011

Years

It was my birthday yesterday and I had a very pleasant birthday weekend. Mind you, it wasn’t hard to improve on my birthday last year, most of which was spent looking for garden chairs.

This year I had lunch with some ex-colleagues on Friday and then went for a drink with a couple of other people. Then G and I went for dinner at the Gilbert Scott restaurant at the St Pancras hotel. On Saturday, we went for a picnic at a National Trust place and then on Sunday my mum cooked lunch and baked a cake (and I had to convince her that she really didn’t need to make any scones to add to the three course meal plus cake).

Fortunately, last week, for the first time ever, I went to the gym. I will be making a return visit tomorrow…

4 comments:

ChrisB said...

Belated birthday greetings! You sound to have had a nice weekend. Very impressed with the trip to the gym!!! Keep it up.....

Random Reflections said...

ChrisB - Thank you. It was a very nice weekend.

The gym might be the end of me...

Cornish Dreamer said...

A belated happy birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely time. x

Random Reflections said...

CW - Thank you. Yes I have a very good time. Hope all is well.