Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Dip

There hasn’t seemed to be much point in posting here of late. Sometimes I wonder why I blog, I don’t get many comments and I don’t really get much sense that my presence here was missed. I am not feeling sorry for myself, I think I am just being realistic. But there you go.

Anyway, I might post a few things this week and then I am off on holiday for a couple of weeks, so won’t be about.

I have had a busy week or so. G’s sister and niece were down from Scotland until the middle of last week. Babies just seem to eat up time and the weekend and evenings flew by. I went to see Tony Bennett with my mum and sister last Thursday and that was good. I had been forewarned that he doesn’t do encores, and despite people cheering and him coming back a couple of times and waving, the prediction was true. This is probably a sacrilegious thing to say but he danced a couple of times and I thought that you had to be Tony Bennett to get away with it – if your dad danced like that you’d cringe. But if you’re Tony Bennett somehow it is much cooler.

Work has also been interesting. We had a massive power failure last week and so I had to work from home for a few days. I hate working from home and so was glad when I got to go back to work. But we still have no air conditioning and so on Monday it was really hot at work. Then some air conditioning units were delivered that are primarily humidifiers really and now it smells and feels like we are working at the local swimming baths, except we don’t have a poll to dip in to cool off.

One of my bosses left a couple of weeks ago and I got a really lovely card from her yesterday, which was I was touched by. I brought it home in case it shrivelled up in the damp atmosphere at work. I feel that I might go into work one day this week and find that everything has mould growing on it. I dread to think what my work will be like by the time I get back from my holiday.

6 comments:

Tom Foolery said...

Random, I'd miss you if you stopped blogging! :( I do always read your blog, sorry if I don't always leave a comment. I've cut back on my posts as well, it seems of late very quite in blogger land.I think for me to blog regularly I need a certain amount of banter and feedback. Perhaps everyone has moved onto Twitter!

Have a great holiday :) TFx

Random Reflections said...

TF - Thanks. That's very kind of you. I am sure I will feel revived after my hols - the current conditions at work are not good for making the brain feel able to operate normally.

Keep on blogging!

Spudgy said...

I love reading your blog.....keep going......

Random Reflections said...

Spudgy - Thank you for saying that. I appreciate it. Hope all is well.

Unknown said...

Hello Random,

I was an avid reader of your blog a couple of years ago, then I left for reasons I can't remember now. When I wanted to come back, I could not remember the name or address of your blog. I was sad. Then today, I finally remembered the title of your blog and here I am! What I mean to say is, your blog means something to me and many others, I'm sure. Stay a while.

Random Reflections said...

K - Thank you for your comment. What a very kind and generous thing to say. Your words are much appreciated. I hope you stay a while here too.