Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Charm

My mum's op seemed to go pretty well. I worked from home a couple of days last week so that I could make mum lunch etc and then G came over in the evening and cooked dinner. I even changed mum's dressing on Sunday. I am squeamish...

My dad is more of a challenge though. He is a very odd man. I noticed last week that dad only washed one hand after he has gone to the toilet. I asked him if that was the case and he confirmed it was. Let's not even think about the logic that will have made him think that was sufficient. However, we had garlic bread that evening and I made sure that it was cut into separate pieces so that he didn't need to use both hands to tear the bread.

We were there again on Sunday. Dad wasn't speaking to mum due to some misdemeanour from the night before that mum couldn't even remember. G cooked a curry for lunch and dad didn't bother to come to the table for about 10 minutes and then ate in silence for ages. He did finally speak, and at some point he and I disagreed about something that I also now can't rememeber. A few minutes later, as dad left the room he told me that he is going to remove me from his will*. He's such a charmer. Mum must find him such a great support.




*I rather doubt this will become a reality seeing as he would want mum to phone the solicitor to make the appointment and then drive him to the solicitor's office.

3 comments:

Kahless said...

Classic passive aggressive.

Xxxxxxx

Gripes said...

He's a prince. A complete an utter prince (or at least it sounds a bit like prince).

Let me know how things are going ... x

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - he is also good at aggressive aggressive!

I hope all is well with you. xxx

Gripes - I am sure there are many names and descriptions for my father...

It was rather mixed news. Will procvide you with an update.