Sunday, October 16, 2011

Previews

We saw a preview of the new version of Footloose a week or so ago, and thought it was pretty good. Somewhat shallow, but also quite humorous. I don’t know how this happened, but I don’t think I had ever seen the original film. We watched this weekend, and whilst this is probably sacrilege to say this, I think we preferred the new version. It was very similar than the original, but was just “reorganised” in a way that seemed to work better. My sister is decidedly unimpressed when she asked what I thought...

We went to a friend’s wedding yesterday and had a really good time at that. We had never met her fiancé before, but he was very friendly and welcoming when we arrived. When they had their first dance, I instantly twigged to the significance of it and afterwards I congratulated my friend on the choice – and she said that she’d said to her fiancé that she thought I was the only person who would realise, so I am pleased I lived up to my billing!

Mum is having surgery tomorrow. My sister is going to be with her all day at the hospital and all day Tuesday. I am then going to work from home on Wednesday and Thursday to offer assistance. It will be good to have some progress.

I often look at the blog Big Happy FunHouse and I really liked this post. A nice reflection on how people deal with life.

No comments: