Monday, November 24, 2008

Amateur

Another weekend over and this time it included such highlights as seeing a play that my mum was directing. Whilst it was amateur dramatics, fortunately it wasn’t one of those toe-curling instances involving wobbly sets and lots of very bad acting. It was Lady Windermere’s Fan and I was surprised quite how many famous quotes are in that play.

“I can resist everything except temptation.”

“Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it.”

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

“In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.”

“A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”

And so on...

G and I also did things like buy Christmas cards (and G has now written some of them…), I’ve worked out various Christmas presents I am going to buy and have prepared most of an internet order and other such exciting things.

I did also have to deal with a few irritating things like not being able to access the internet via Internet Explorer (a problem I still haven’t fixed, but I know why it has happened). I know various people rate Firefox, but I have just never seen the appeal, it seems like now might be the time to make the move though.

Anyway, a busy week ahead...

4 comments:

Kahless said...

Bought xmas cards already?
My, you do do things early!

Our oven broke tonight. I suggested to Mrs K that we wait for the cut price sales as we mostly cook things on the stove. She pointed out that we may want Turkey for xmas!

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - yep all bought. Now I just have to write them all (and find my address book...).

An oven would be rather handy for Christmas. My mum cooks a great turkey with all the trimmings. Perhaps that could be your fall back plan?

(no subject) said...

i agree with you on firefox. i much prefer explorer and safari (mac's application). and wow! high five to your mom for directing a play!

Random Reflections said...

no subject - A friend has given me a link to Safari (for Windows) so I might give that go.

My mum has many hidden talents!