Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Travel

We had a good weekend. We went to Stratford overnight (and stayed in a ropey, but incredibly cheap Travelodge) and that was pleasant, but we didn’t get to see a play because the RSC don’t have any performances on a Sunday night. I have to say that I am not someone who really “gets” Shakespeare and so don’t particularly feel as though I am missed out. Although, they are performing Anthony and Cleopatra at the moment and I studied that at A-level and did like it. Most Shakespeare passes me by though and I don’t normally have a clue what’s going on. Is that a terrible thing to confess?!

We still haven’t got a clue what we are going to do for our summer hols. We seem to be going round and round in circles about what we are going to do and have looked at a few options, but then when we have added up the cost, it seems to be crazy amounts to spend. At this rate, I think we will just decide it is less hassle to stay at home.

2 comments:

DAB said...

Iceland! ;-)

Have you finished Murakami yet?

Random Reflections said...

TF - they'd probably send an ash cloud to prevent my holiday.

I did finish reading it. I didn't enjoy the second half as much as the first (I felt it was really a book of two halves in terms of enjoyment). I reviewed it on my other blog...