Friday, May 21, 2010

Write

Do you know what today is? Well, yes it is 21 May 2010, but it is also National Letter Writing Day. According to World Vision, one in five children in the UK has never received a letter. How terrible is that? So today, is a day to put that right!

As I have mentioned here previously, I am wanting to get back into letter writing and have made a bit of a start on that. There is so much that can be conveyed by taking the time to hand write a letter, so if you can think of someone to write to today, be that a child or an adult, then give it a go. I think I might write to my nephew.

Or don't you like to write letters. I do because it's such a swell way to keep from working and yet feel you've done something.

Ernest Hemingway

2 comments:

Cornish Dreamer said...

National Letter Writing day? crikey, I missed that one. A perfect excuse to write to my Godmother, who I always prefer to write to rather than email.
It's sad that so many children haven't experienced receiving a letter!

Random Reflections said...

CW - I hope you wrote to your godmother. If so, I am glad the day inspired you.

My nephew phoned to say thanks for the letter, but I don't think he quite got what it was really. The youth of today...