Thursday, May 21, 2009

Plummet

I have not actually started my new job yet. Based on the amount that I have had to do for that job so far, it does seem quite hard to tell though. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time dealing with issues around the accommodation we are meant to be getting, which given that we don’t seem to be getting anything that we wanted, has led to morale plummeting in the team. The team now feel that they were mis-sold some of what they were being offered and that some of the incentives have been taken away. This is so disappointing given that they were really getting into it at the beginning of the week. They are definitely confirming that they are an opinionated bunch though!

I actually have no problem that they are really upset by the situation. I just can’t give them the answers at the moment because other people are making the decisions. I spent a while talking to my new boss (who I know of old) and we were trying to decide what to do. He has basically said that I can do what I think necessary to sweeten the pill. The last time I got an update yesterday though, I was told that we may not now be able to have the rubbish accommodation that we were offered, which would then mean that we potentially have nowhere… I am waiting to see what happens today. I have not mentioned this latest bit to the team as yet.

4 comments:

Kahless said...

I still want to know what you do for a living!!!

Also I think it is about time you wrote a post on MP expenses. I will appreciate your subtle humour and take on duck-gate.

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - at the moment I am firefighting (but not in the literal sense) and also trying to be a diplomat!

I shall ponder an MP expenses post...

Kahless said...

Good luck starting your new job. I think it is next week?

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - Thank you. Friday is my last day in my current job and then the new one starts on Monday...