Thursday, May 14, 2009

Progress

I’ve been doing various things to get organised for my new job. We are meeting as a team on Monday, even though that is two weeks before we actually start the work, because we need to do some planning for it. Fortunately my current boss is fine with me doing things like that, given that I should be concentrating on my current job. Anyway, I sent them an e-mail yesterday which included a whole load of data for them to look at. I got various e-mails back from one of the people, who was the one I was most concerned about, and she seems to have really started to engage with the task already and has come back with various questions and is starting to analyse the data and look at the detail behind it. I feel really encouraged that she is really giving it a go. She has old me that she is quite daunted by what we have to do, but I think if she carries on like this she will be more than capable of keeping up with the others.

Apparently my overly friendly colleague knows I am leaving. So far he hasn’t said anything to me, but I feel that at some point I may get cornered by him. This may primarily be for him to demand lamingtons but I may have to make sure that I have a colleague to accompany me at all times.

There was an article on the BBC a couple of days ago that I wanted to mention a quote from, but I can’t now what the article was about or anything about the quote. Useful.

4 comments:

DAB said...

Random, methinks you're losing the plot, orgetfullness gets worse with age. Trust me! ;-)

Good luck with the new job and congratulations on the two year milestone Tfx

DAB said...

forgetfullness (see what I mean?)

Kahless said...

Your overly friendly colleague may buy you a little leaving pressie? Or maybe he is hurting?

Random Reflections said...

TF - I think I lost the plot a long time ago...

Kahless - my overly friendly colleague seemed to be rather off with me today. Perhaps he is overcome with emotion?