Monday, June 01, 2009

Errors

G and I went to Southampton for the weekend to see one of my housemates from university. We had a good time and went for a major walk on Saturday in the sunshine. I took the somewhat radical decision that whilst we were walking I would drink the stuff you normally take after you have dehydrated, so that I didn’t end up feeling like death. It worked, so as disgusting as that stuff is, I think I will do that again.

It was my friend’s birthday yesterday as we had a mini-celebration for that and had a very pleasant time. I should have taken a cake though. Schoolgirl error…

During the weekend, I discovered that the Brownies are propagating a complete falsehood. I was actually a Brownie for a while, but absolutely hated it and even the incentive of becoming a Sixer wasn’t enough to convince me to keep going. Anyway, those who are familiar with the Brownies will know that the leader of the group is called “Brown Owl”. Except there isn’t any such thing as a Brown Owl in nature and the nearest to it is a Tawny Owl. I think there must be any number of mis-educated youths who will believe that there is such a thing as a Brown Owl. Shocking.

1 June already, how did that happen...

8 comments:

Kahless said...

Why dont you just drink water regularly on your walk and then you wont get dehydrated?


Thankfully I never had to go to Brownies.

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - drinking water often isn't enough for me and I still end up dehydrating. I am very delicate!

I don't think you missed out by not being a Brownie.

Kahless said...

Actually I understand. Or not, meaning I got really dehydrated in the heat of Rome on tuesday and ended up with a nasty headache. I couldnt rehydrate as literally when I drank fluids, within 5 minutes, it was through me, if you got my drift. I succumbed to Imodium in then end!

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - I get dehydrated very easily (mainly due to not drinking enough generally). Sounds as though Rome was good, but had its challenges!

Soup said...

I used to be snowy owl for my local brownie pack before it closed. They couldn't find someone to take on the role of brown owl when the lady who used to do it got too old and i was off to uni so couldnt do it.

Random Reflections said...

Blue Soup - wow you were important (not that you aren't now...) AND a snowy owl actually exists, so that is an added bonus.

Whilst it might have been good to be a brown owl, by not doing it you helped to stand up for owl truth, so it was probably for the best.

Anonymous said...

No such thing as a brown owl ? You have shattered my childhood.

I was a Sprite but I wanted to be a Kelpie. They had a more colourful badge.

Random Reflections said...

LKSN - Sorry, I should have broken that more gently.

I think I was a Sprite and they asked me if I wanted to be a Kelpie Sixer, but I just couldn't get into being a Brownie, so I declined. I should have asked them to give you a call.