Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blocked

I, yet again, came so close to booking a trip to Madrid last night. The hotel and flights were selected and I was going through the process to book it, but the website couldn’t process my card details. I spoke to the company and they said it must be because they operate via the US and so my card company blocked my card due to it thinking it was a dodgy transaction. Apparently they get this problem all the time – which makes me wonder why they don’t just fix it. I tried to phone my credit card company but they had closed for the night. I have no idea if that really was the problem anyway, but hopefully I will be able to book it at some point today.

My over friendly colleague stood up from his desk yesterday and due to a knee problem nearly passed out in pain. We got a first aider to come and see him and he was then sent home in a taxi. Two of my colleagues went with him, as they though he possibly wouldn’t be able to get out of the taxi at the other end. Fortunately I did not have to offer my services for that particular job.

I foolishly agreed to meet up with someone first thing this morning to help them prepare for an interview. So I have to try and sound reasonably articulate very early today. Not an easy task at the best of times.

2 comments:

Kahless said...

Hope the interview prep pays off for your friend.

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - I'll hopefully find out what happened next week. I hope she gets the job.