Friday, April 23, 2010

Eras

Last night was the leaving do for the big boss. It is his last day today and it will be the end of an era. I have worked for him twice in the last nine years (as I have returned to work somewhere I worked several years ago) and he certainly set the tone of the organisation and made it a decent place to work. We will wait to see what the future holds for us next.

Yesterday morning on the tube on the way into work, I quite clearly saw a police officer reading a classified document. I did have the urge to lean across to him and suggest that a tube train was not the right place to be reading such things, but then decided that a police officer has more power than me and that maybe it wouldn’t be the best decision.

I wrote to Nick Clegg this week. He really miffed me with something that he said during the leadership debate last week. As it still bothered me this week, I decided that I should write. Do I think it will make a difference? Not really. But at least I gave it a go.

2 comments:

Kahless said...

I cant wait to read if you got a reply from Nick Clegg...

That silly Tory candidate in my constituency never wrote answering my questions. I didnt vote for her because of that and she only lost by 2k votes.

I nearly wrote to her again asking if by any chance she had had another 999 potential voters that she had ignored.

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - I have heard nothing as yet. I suspect he has had other things in his mind. I'd actually be surprised if I get a reply, but we shall see.

I think you learned a lot through her lack of reply. Your constituency is better of without her by the sounds of it.