Monday, November 28, 2005

Loss

I recently finished reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I thought it was a really engaging read and I particularly liked this passage:

Now I know that I have already lost you. I have lost everything. Even so, I can’t let you go forever and allow you to forget me without letting you know I bear you no grudge, that I knew it from the start, I knew I was going to lose you and that you would never see in me what I see in you. I want you to know that I loved you from the very first day and that I still love you, now more than ever, even if you don’t want me to.

[...]

All I wish is for you to be happy, that everything you aspire to achieve may come true and that, although you may forget me in the course of time, one day you may finally understand how much I loved you.

No comments: