Saturday, November 12, 2005

Remember, remember the 12th of November

Perhaps not the most traditional night to have fireworks but I am off to my sister's tonight to see last week's postponed fireworks. They thought my nephew had chickenpox, so cancelled them last week. However, as it turned out he was fine. I don't think I have ever had chickenpox - my mother can't remember any of the childhood ailments I may or may not have had - so didn't want to take the risk anyway. Apparently chickenpox can be horrible as an adult.

Anyway, tonight is the new night for the fireworks. Will head over there with my mum in a couple of hours. I have been moving my stuff into the new house today. I had forgotten quite how many books I have. The house seems to smell slightly of urine, but maybe that is just my sense of smell and it is just slightly damp - which putting the heating on would probably fix. A couple of weeks ago I kept thinking that I could smell fly spray - and then I realised that it was actually my deodarant. So my sense of smell might be slightly off. Let's hope so or I have been making a terrible mistake each morning with the spray can I have been picking up.

No comments: