Sunday, November 20, 2005

Of mice and men

I have had a very industrious weekend. Yesterday I went back to the flat and what should have been a reasonably quick clean up turned out to be rather more than that. One of the walls had some mould stains on it and I was just going to go over it with a bit of paint, but it was so obvious that I ended up having to repaint the entire wall.

My mum came over with a Dyson and vacuumed the whole place for me, which was really nice of her. We then ended up going shopping briefly and then traipsed round Tesco Extra. My mum showed much patience.

I spent all of today sorting stuff out, chucking out paperwork, doing washing and so on. But the day started with me wandering into the kitchen and thinking there was something wrong. I was correct... a mouse had gnawed through a bag that I had left on the floor and pulled a couple of teabags out of it – fortunately the only "edible" products in the bag. I went out to get something to deal with the mouse. I haven’t had the heart to put the stuff down yet though. Where’s a man when I need one to rescue a damsel in distress?

No comments: