Tuesday, March 25, 2008


Well it turned out to be a nice weekend. Lots of time off work, lots of chocolate and lots of other good things.

Thursday I met up with my friend K. I used to work with her and she has been off sick from work for about the last year, so we don’t see each other very much now. Her girlfriend is from New Zealand and they had just got back from spending a few weeks there and are now thinking about moving there. I have already reserved my holiday to go and visit them.

Friday G and I met up with my sister and nephew and we went to the Natural history Museum, which was good but soooooooooooooooooooo busy.

We saw some dinosaurs:

And a polar bear:

And the blue whale:

I don’t know if you can tell in that photo, but it so desperately needs a dust. If you are every popping along there then do take some polish and a duster.

I also made a very exciting purchase (of which TF will totally disapprove) which I will post a picture of tomorrow.

Saturday we were going to go to Bath for the day but when we set off the weather was so terrible that we decided it was better to turn back, so instead we turned off the M4 and went to Henley, which I would have to describe as “disappointing”. Not very exciting and had quite a few really yobbish teenagers and the own two places to get a cuppa was Starbucks and another café which was just filled with children.

As it turned out, it was a good thing that we didn’t make it to Bath. When we got back in the car, we drove for a few minutes and a warning light came on on the dashboard and a message that said the engine was in danger of overheating. I pulled over and lifted the bonnet and all the coolant had gone from the engine. You may recall that when I was away at the end of February my engine had a leak and I had to call out the AA. I then took it to a Ford dealership to get it repaired and they said the coolant had been leaking into the cylinder head, but that they had fixed it. Seemingly not… So I have to phone the garage again today and see when they can take it back to repair it. The problem is actually worse this time, as the car is only drivable for the amount of time I can keep the coolant topped up. I topped it up at a garage on Saturday and when I got home it had all drained out again, so this does rather limit my movements, at least before the car was driveable and I just needed to get it repaired when I could find the time. Now the only time it is wise to drive it is to get it to the garage. I am decidedly unimpressed.

Anyway, back to work. At least it is a short week.


Tom Foolery said...

Random!! You haven't wasted money on one of those silly snakey things!!!? hmmm, or reduced easter eggs,have you ?? TFX

Random Reflections said...

TF - You'll just have to wait and see...