Thursday, January 22, 2009

Catching up

I had one of those short term memory failures again yesterday. Fortunately it occurred before I set off for work and I remembered in time that I had to go to a meeting somewhere else before going to the office. But as I had not remembered before I hadn’t got any of the paperwork or the details of where I was going. But I could remember enough details to be able to have a search on the internet and find where I was meant to go. It then meant I had a bit of time to kill, as I didn’t need to be there until 10, so I did some cleaning in the bathroom and kitchen and unloaded the dishwasher and did some washing up. I don’t think I have ever been that productive in my life before 9am (or very often after 9am either for that matter…).

My neighbour seems to lack the ability to turn off a tap. It is either dripping or running full blast – for days on end. I can hear it running into the drain when I am in the bathroom or the spare room. When I politely pointed it out to her and asked if she had a leak, it suddenly stopped, but slowly but surely she seems to be leaving it on bit by bit.

Not to belittle Obama becoming president, but I do wonder if there are some people in African nations who are thinking that they have had black presidents for years and the US is merely catching up with them.

No comments: