Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Redemption

I had such a boring day at work yesterday. Some of it was probably just because it was a Monday but it was boring nonetheless. My over friendly colleague also came over to berate me for not making him any lamingtons to celebrate Australia Day. I told him that maybe one day I would, but I don’t like to be predictable.

I did almost have the chance to redeem myself over the whole blind story from yesterday. Life would have shown how balanced it is. All would have been right with the world. But unfortunately it passed me by. I was on the train on the way to work and the journey was very slow. We kept stopping on the tracks between stations. A man who was standing up asked if anyone would let him sit down. The lady right in front of me stood up for him – at which point I realised he was blind and had a guide dog. I came so close to finding absolution, but instead I must continue to carry my burden.

On that sombre note, I will leave you with the first part of a Microsoft UK training film…

2 comments:

Kahless said...

Redemption is possible!

Random Reflections said...

kahless - Maybe I need to hang about outside the RNIB and see if I can find a few people to help. Maybe if you seek them out like that it doesn't count though...