Friday, January 23, 2009

Warnings

The weekend at last. I am actually going to babysit for my nephew tonight. G is going as well and this could mean that there is a very competitive evening ahead. My nephew likes playing something he calls “the piggy game”. I have no idea why he calls it that, but basically you have to shoot things. This brings out G’s competitive side and making a three year old cry in no way diminishes the need to win. It could get nasty...

I may have mentioned before that my mum has always banned me from eating kebabs (not that I always listen to what my mother says). I think I may have had one once, but never having done the whole getting drunk thing, I have never had an urge for a late night kebab. Anyway, it turns out that my mum was entirely right and kebabs are indeed a dangerous things. I quote (from the article, not my mum, she is far more interesting than this):

Research by the UK's Food Standards Agency in 2006 found that 18.5% of doner takeaways posed a "significant" threat to public health, and 0.8% posed an "imminent" threat.

Be careful out there people.

2 comments:

Kahless said...

I know what birthday present you should get G....

A pump action water-pistol.

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - G really doesn't need any more encouragement!