Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Challenges

Yesterday was meant to be the most miserable day of the year. I have to say that I didn’t really feel any ill-effects yesterday and so have clearly bucked the trend. But as yesterday’s apparent gloominess will have been based on some rather dubious ‘averages’ and assumptions, hopefully it will mean that no-one got an extra dose of misery to make up for it.

G has always been a bad sleeper, but has been trying to take some steps to fix the problem – being sick a couple of times on Friday morning due to sheer exhaustion has pushed G to take some concerted steps to do something it. It seems that we now have a new rule that we’re not really allowed to speak after 10pm. I did ask G what I should do if there is a late night fire, but have concluded that it might just be best to make my way out the front door quietly. I am checking if I am allowed to communicate via the medium of mime or can whisper sentences of less than six words. I await a response (sometime before 10pm on any given day of course). This living together thing is more challenging than I had expected.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

leave him a note!
G:
There is a fire. Please evacuate as soon as you get this.
Love, Random

:D

Random Reflections said...

Anon - I knew there was an answer! I just hope the note doesn't catch fire...

Kahless said...

Given you are sharing now, maybe you could get some reading done after 10 yourself?

Mrs K has trouble sleeping. She has a whole wind-down ritual (reading) and when she 'goes sleepy' I get told to 'sssshhhhhhh'.

Given I am an introvert I dont mind too much.

Random Reflections said...

kahless - I did go to bed quite early last night and read lots of my book. I turned the pages quietly...

Actually G is trying to build a routine - bath, mug of horlicks etc and it has had mixed results so far. We'll see how it goes.

DAB said...

Compromise is the name of the game! (How about talking after 10pm on alternate nights) TFx

Random Reflections said...

TF - Or perhaps I could get subtitles? See how well I am doing at trying to compromise!