Monday, January 12, 2009

Conclusions

I spoke to a lawyer on Friday about the letter from my freeholder. She was a bit fierce, but speaking to her helped a bit. I read my lease over the weekend and decided that things could be a bit precarious if I pushed it too much, as if I default on certain payments then technically I could have my home repossessed by the freeholder. So I decided that the best course of action is do everything I need to do to make sure I am compliant with the financial requirements of my lease and then to suggest a plan to her that actually encourages her to only impose charges that she can legitimately do within the terms of our leases. I have therefore suggested a compromise solution that in my view she would be a bit daft to turn down, but my previous dealings with her may suggest that she does actually fall into that category.

In the London Paper a few days ago I saw an article about research into the meaning behind where people sit on the bus. I think you may find it very illuminating, although with the arrival of bendy buses in London clearly means that thee are no rebels in London – and also nobody who thinks. Make of that what you will.




In other news, a formal statement may be forthcoming shortly.

No comments: