Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Adventures

It’s back to work today *sigh*. I am glad I took yesterday off because I felt really tired all day and don’t think I could have coped with being at work. The new washing machine was delivered and that all works fine, but after they had installed it and left I realised they had damaged my kitchen floor. So I phoned John Lewis and they are going to give me some compensation for it. I also phoned the branch of John Lewis that I bought the SatNav from to find out what was happening about the refund and after being passed to various people the conclusion was that the only way to get the money back was to go back to the branch in person and they would then sort it out. I did explain to them that this was different to the advice I had previously been given and, seeing as they had all my personal details, they could have phoned to tell me. So John Lewis is in my bad books once again.

The SatNav proved totally invaluable while we were away, so I am glad I got it. We would never have made it to various places had we not had it. Even navigating our way back to the airport in Montreal was a bit of a trial, so it saved many arguments! When we were in New Brunswick, we did get very lost on a walk, which was because we took a slightly wrong turn. As we walked on and on, knowing that the walk should only have taken an hour and a half and had taken three hours so far, I turned on the SatNav to see if I could vaguely locate where we were. It showed that we were in the middle of nowhere and quite a long way from the road. I am not sure that this information was comforting, but it did perhaps at least help me to confirm to myself that we were very lost – and without any food and very low on water. Some four hours after we started the walk I finally made it back to the car and then went and collected G who I had left further back due to G being in pain etc due to some nasty mosquito bites obtained in Nova Scotia. I have never been so glad to make it back to the car...

2 comments:

Kahless said...

In no particular order:
1. Hope G is feeling better now.
2. Glad you had a satnav on you!
3. Welcome back.
4. Happy Birthday though not sure what the actual day is!
5. Hope you didnt get back to loads of emails and work!

Random Reflections said...

Kahless

1. G is much better.
2. The satnav was a great investment (despite me not being too impressed with John Lewis now).
3. Thank you.
4. It is on Friday. I seem to think there might be a post strike on at the moment though, so it might be a bit of a damp squib.
5. I had lots of e-mails, but no-one else was in so I just pottered through them all and am now pretty much up to date.