Thursday, September 10, 2009

Reading

Some people I work with are trying to read all of the Booker Prize shortlist nominations, As much as I like reading, I am not sure that four weeks is long enough to get through all of them, as a couple of them seem to be rather lengthy.

I have actually only read one of the authors, which is J.M. Coetzee. So the others would all be new to me, but I think I might have to read them in rather slower time. The shortlist is:

A S Byatt: The Children's Book
J M Coetzee: Summertime
Adam Foulds: The Quickening Maze
Hilary Mantel: Wolf Hall
Simon Mawer: The Glass Room
Sarah Waters: The Little Stranger

So if you’re looking for a reading challenge, or perhaps just one book to read, they might be worth giving a go or other books by the same authors.

No comments: