Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Answers

I think I have discovered the reason for the current rage that is gripping the UK. X Factor. Need I say more? Probably not. But I will anyway.

I know a number of people who are apoplectic with rage about the result on Sunday night’s X Factor. I know two people who didn’t sleep properly on Sunday night because they were so angry about it. G and I are actually not going to watch the programme anymore. We are actually starting an official boycott of X Factor. All those people who have said they are not going to watch it again: stick to your guns and boycott it.

It just isn’t British to do what Simon Cowell did. He had the chance to do the right thing, and to live up to what he had previously said, by evicting John and Edward. Instead he went for ratings and more money from votes. Don’t let Simon win! Don’t get me wrong, I actually quite like John and Edward, just not in a musical talent sense, and I thought that there reaction was Lucie was sent home showed that they are nice lads. But Simon Cowell is manipulating the British public and let me tell you that it’s not a good place to be in Simon Cowell’s hands *raises an eyebrow*

People are genuinely angry about X Factor and I see now that it is the root of all the anger going on in this country at the moment. Before the X Factor we were a peaceful, law-abiding nation – and now look where we are?

Do the right thing and watch another channel on Saturday night or read a book or go out to dinner or talk to someone. The safety of this nation depends on it.


I can’t believe that I have devoted a post to the X Factor. Doesn’t that tell you the depths to which this nation has sunk?

6 comments:

Kahless said...

Mrs K and I were really angry. It also didnt help that Chelsea robbed us with their cheating earlier that day.

Anyway, we felt Simon made a mockery of the whole thing and we talked about boycotting it too. I doubt we will stick to our guns. In fact we taped Xtra factor for the first time that night!

I hope Stacey wins.

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - a bad day for you generally! I will try and stick to my boycott. I don't like dishonesty like that and feel that my life will be better (and calmer!) without it.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I've never really gotten into X Factor. I don't know... just not for me!

However, went to a Coldplay gig earlier in the year, and they actually had some audience-involvement gag. that included X Factor, and I still can't believe they acknowledged its existence. Guess that's how big it is....

.... And the fact that everyone around me talks about it, and the newspapers devote huge sections to it, and....

Random Reflections said...

anothercookiecrumbles - you are very wise by keeping your mind unsullied!

Kahless said...

I failed....

I watched the X-factor tonight!

Though I do see Cowell in a different light; Joe McCowdrey was good, but his comment had to try and put doubt in the publics mind...

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - we resisted the urge to watch, but I am kind of curious about what happened. What was the comment that was made??