Monday, February 22, 2010

Sweet

We spent this weekend doing various things for G’s birthday. On Saturday, we went for a walk on Hampstead Heath, which was not ideal as the tube wasn’t running properly so it was quite a trek to get there and the walk in the book we have seemed to keep taking us close to very busy roads, but it was pleasant enough. We were aching by the end because we covered several miles. It was a nice day though and it was good to go for a walk in the sunshine.

The day had actually started very early because the freeholder turned up at 7.30am and started doing various very loud things, like putting various together with a noisy electric screwdriver and digging very loudly in the garden. I don’t think either of those things seem as though they would be very loud, but believe me they were. I bumped into the freeholder when we got back from the walk and he said that new tenants are moving in next week, so we’ll see how that goes. He also said that he would miss all the work that had been going on. I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from, in no uncertain terms, telling him that we certainly wouldn’t.

Anyway, yesterday we went to my parents’ for lunch and my sister and nephew were there as well. My dad was in such a bad mood all day, and it seems he has been for several days, so we just ignored him. Mum had made a really nice lunch and had got some champagne and had baked G a cake, so that was all good. My nephew thinks G is absolutely great and had written a very sweet birthday card saying that G is his best friend. Awwwww...

2 comments:

Kahless said...

Awwww. Kids can be really sweet.

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - my nephew is very sweet and also very thoughtful and he did genuinely mean it.