Friday, June 06, 2008

Finished. Almost.

The boiler is now installed, which is good news. Just as the chap was finishing he said “you’ll have to get an electrician out to cross bond it for you”#, which I think means to earth it. I wasn’t very impressed by that because I had used this firm so that everything was done by the end and had they told me in advance that they couldn’t do that bit I could have made an arrangement for someone to come and do it while I am on leave this week, but I haven’t got any time to arrange it now. I think he could tell I wasn’t entirely pleased. However, I am pleased with the work they did, despite the water leak and my bedroom still smelling disgusting. I’ll have to redo the ceiling in a few weeks time. I still can’t put a light bulb in the overhead light in my room. I tried yesterday and the light came on and flickered loads despite me not having turned the switch to the on position. I think I might need to leave it longer to dry out…

Yesterday was my father’s birthday and so I went out for dinner with my parents. That was ok, but I really do struggle with spending time with my parents. I feel like teenager again and feel really uncomfortable whenever my father ask me a question, as I don’t really want him to know anything about my life. I really need to get my head round all that because it makes me avoid my parents and then whenever I see them I always feel on edge. I’d like to see my mum more often, it’s just my father that I really struggle with, but it is difficult to avoid him every time I see my mum.

Anyway, today is my last day of leave and I am going to go and do a bit more observing for my possible volunteering and a few bots out and about and then meet up with G tonight and we are going to another radio recording. Then tomorrow we are going for a walk in the City of London and then to another radio recording (although I have my doubts that we will get into that one, but we shall see). I don’t want the week to be over *sigh*

Oh and yesterday on the news they kept showing a report about a woman who bought an emu egg which was sold to her to eat, she incubated it as she thought it might be possible to hatch it and she did, so she now has a baby emu. I saw it on the news a few times and kept wondering what was significant about the story?? It wasn’t that she boiled it for her breakfast and a live emu popped out. So… she deliberately incubated the egg to try and get a baby emu and it worked… is that newsworthy? It’s not like one of those stories where someone buys a bunch of bananas and finds a tarantula in them. Or she bought a kitten and it turned into a snow leopard. She bought and emu egg and hatched it. Sorry, I’m just very confused by this story…

Anyway, on that note, have a good weekend all.

#Does anyone know if this is strictly necessary and if I am likely to die if I don’t get this done??

1 comment:

Random Reflections said...

kahless - Thanks. I think that is a yes then...