Tuesday, June 10, 2008

There are some things you just don't need to know

Going back to work was ok. Not exciting, but ok. I went out on my lunch break and amongst other things found a really good supermarket that isn’t totally packed at lunch time. Marvellous. I did have to drag myself back to work though, which was painful given how nice it was out.

Anyway, we had a section meeting yesterday morning and we give an update on what work we are doing. I didn’t have much to say, given that I had been off for the last week, but then it was a colleague’s turn and he said:

“I have an interview for a promotion tomorrow; it’s my daughter’s second birthday on Saturday; and this might be too much information, but I have had confirmation that my vasectomy was successful.”

Er... yes maybe a bit too much information. I replied “I’m trying to work out which of those to give you a card for”. Everybody else’s updates, which were merely about work, were rather more tame by comparison.

No comments: