Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mishearing

One of my neighbours came round to speak to me last night, as we are arranging to get a surveyor out to value the property so we can try and buy the freehold. She said to me that she has been trying to contact the freeholder for ages because they are trying to remortgage and have to prove that the property has buildings insurance. The freeholder is responsible for the buildings insurance but doesn’t respond to any calls or request to see the documents. That is actually illegal but there isn’t much we can do to force her to come up with things like that if she doesn’t want to. Yet more reason to get rid of her and own the freehold ourselves. It doesn’t solve my neighbour’s immediate problem though. Grrr.

I was on the tube on the way home last night and a woman sat down and her friend was left standing and the woman who was standing said something to her friend which I heard as “I always knew that my mother was tight”, but her friend didn’t catch what she said so she repeated it only this time it came out as “at the end of the day all of us are really tired”. Perhaps I have some issue with my mother that I’m not aware of and have been transferring that on to other people – not that my mum is tight. Or maybe I just need to clean my ears out.

2 comments:

DAB said...

WHAT! speak up woman I can't hear you :)
BTW Has the ceiling dried out? TFX

Random Reflections said...

TF - It's ok I never have anything sensible to say anyway.

Funnily enough I was thinking earlier that the ceiling has finally dried out. I still can't put a bulb in the main light though - but I'm not sure if that is the fitting or the bulb that still has water in it. Grrr.

I'll have to get a paintbrush out at some point soon and give it a lick of paint. I hate painting ceilings. Do feel free to drop round...