Thursday, September 18, 2008

Incidents

Yesterday:

I sorted out the John Lewis problem in that at least the chap came round to look at my TV. But he needs to take it away to repair it and he didn’t want to leave me without a TV. My mum let him in and despite looking in my bedroom failed to see the other TV in there, which would have meant he could have taken the TV then and there. Mum’s going to sort it all out though, so I can’t complain really.

One of my neighbours came round to see me. He’d reversed into my car earlier in the day and cracked my bumper. He was very apologetic and is going to pay for it – and probably could have got away with not telling me, as I hadn’t noticed it and would have probably seen it at some point and thought it had happened elsewhere. So I’m going to get a quote to get a new bumper and he’s going to pay for it and I just told him not to worry about it and we’d sort it out at some point in the next few days.

I got an e-mail from a friend to say that her in-laws (who live in Nigeria) were making their toast in the toaster and they could smell burning. They popped the toast up but it was fine so they buttered it and ate it. But they could still smell burning and peered into the toaster. There they found a cooked mouse that had crawled into the toaster and met a fiery fate when they sat down to breakfast that morning. Ick.

The same friend texted me last night to say that she was doing her ironing and had just ironed a large spider that was hidden in a shirt. There were legs and remnants everywhere. Whilst I agreed it was horrid, I did commend her for ensuring there is now one less spider in the world.

The BBC lost their pips. What is the world coming to?

4 comments:

(no subject) said...

thats funny about the mouse and the spider...that's really funny about the mouse tho. i didn't realize mice could fit into toasters!

Random Reflections said...

no subject - well I hope you will now check your toaster more carefully in future, there may be more than crumbs at the bottom.

Kahless said...

Ick indeed.

Random Reflections said...

kahless - I was talking to soemone at work about it and her reaction was artehr worse than 'ick'. I perhaps need to tell different types of stories at work from now on...