Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yesterday

Some things that happened yesterday:

I went to the Midlands. On the way back our tickets were inspected, the people who were sitting behind me showed their tickets. They were meant to be going to the neighbouring town, they had got on the non-stop service to London. Oops.

Overheard mobile phone conversation – “That IT course was so annoying. If he had used that word one more time I would have punched him in the face. I mean, is functionality even a word?*”

I had to conclude that John Lewis is a bit rubbish (again). They are meant to be coming out to repair my TV today, as the on/ off button keeps getting stuck. They were meant to phone to tell me if they are coming in the morning or afternoon, so that mum can be there to let them in. They didn’t phone. I phoned them but had to leave a message with someone who said they’d call back. They didn’t phone back. Grr…

I added the Black Box widget to my blog. It’s on the side bar, go click on it. It is to do with this.

I read Maggi Dawn’s blog and liked what she said in her latest post, particularly her quote (quoting herself…) saying:

“Regardless of what is sensible, and regardless of what you think you "ought" to do, which of the courses ahead of you makes you feel alive, makes your heart open wider, makes you feel hopeful and as if the future is opening up not closing down? That is the route you should go."




*Yes it is.

2 comments:

Kahless said...

I really love that quote. Quite apt in something I have to make a decision about too.
Thanks for sharing it.

Someone said to me their mantr today which I thought was ok...

"Better to regret something you did than regret something you didnt."

Random Reflections said...

kahless - I am glad the quote helped. I hope it helps you to make the right decision.

I like your quote too. Sometimes I have to remind myself that missing out on opportunities is often worse than taking a risk and maybe finding something better.