Thursday, January 14, 2010

Soon

Yesterday I felt really rubbish for the first half of the day. I’d been moaning to one of my colleagues about how bad I felt and at lunch time she disappeared off and when she came back she presented me with some cold and flu remedy that she absolutely swears by. I thought it was very kind of her, particularly as I don’t know her all that well. I work with some very nice people.

Productivity at work must be practically going through the floor. A lot of people have been working from home or working very short days. One person in my team took ages to get in and was then concerned she’d struggle to get home, so she just collected some files and went straight back home again. I am bored of the snow now (and in fact was bored of it by about day 2). I want my cold to go away and the snowy and cold weather is not what I need to be getting fighting fit. It hasn’t even been kind enough to make it impossible to get into work. I do seem to have a relatively positive outlook to my current ill-health and often I find myself thinking “I’m going to feel really great when this cold has gone away”. I’m hoping to feel better soon…

4 comments:

DAB said...

Hope you're feeling a wee bit better today TFx

Random Reflections said...

TF - I am feeling much better than I was, but still not 100%. I am hoping that a decent night's sleep tonight will mean that I feel rather more human tomorrow.

I hope things are ok with you.

Kahless said...

Whenever I have a cold I cook a REALLY hot curry laced with nearly a BULB of garlic. I swear by it. But then again - hoping not to tempt fate - i rarely get a cold now I eat curry about 3 times a week.

Random Reflections said...

Kahless - I can't cope with really hot curries. I am a bit pathetic. You have curry three times a week?! That is dedication.