Thursday, December 22, 2005

Disappointments

I tried to be helpful earlier by signing for a parcel for one of my neighbours. I don’t actually know my neighbours and there doesn’t seem much point in getting to know them as I may be moving on again in about a month’s time. Anyway, I went and dropped it off a little while ago, only to discover that the person no longer lived there and it seems had moved out a while ago. The woman said she would take it anyway, but it does seem a bit odd for someone to have ordered something and not check that it was being sent to the right address. At least I tried.

I went in search of a Next with a homewares department and found one. Only the homewares department consisted of one sofa and a couple of chest of drawers – that isn’t a department, that isn’t even the contents of a living room. So I gave up on Next and found somewhere else to buy what I was looking for.

I was out shopping with my sister and at one point said to her that I just wanted to stop and have a complete strop and stamp my feet. But you’re not really mean to do that when you get beyond the age of about eight. Life can be so disappointing.

No comments: