Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Finding the festive spirit

I still haven’t decided what I am doing for Christmas yet. I could go and stay at my sister’s but I haven’t spent Christmas with my family for years as it always seems to end with arguments, which distract from the ‘festive season’. However, if I don’t make up my mind about what I am doing I might end up spending Christmas on my own which isn’t an appealing idea. The last few years I have spent Christmas with various friends, but none of those seem to be options this year.

I am not generally a huge fan of Christmas, I just tend to find it rather a miserable time of year. However, this year in order to get into the mood I am taking next week off work and will catch up with a few people and find some Christmas related things to do. This is the first time I have ever booked leave from work with nothing major planned – which could explain why I still have so much leave left to take. I am hoping that it will encourage me to take more leave from work. However, as the first two things I have planned are a visit from the ‘rat man’ to seal a vent and then going to the dentist, those are perhaps not the most enjoyable use of leave.

So, now I just need to come up with some ideas of what I can do to get me in the festive mood. Any suggestions?

No comments: