Sunday, December 18, 2005

An Extravaganza

It turned out to be a really great afternoon and evening. I went to see one of my housemates from when I was at university for some mince pies etc and then we went to a carol service. However, the term 'carol service' doesn't quite cover it, more of an extravaganza really. Some carol singing, a bit of drama, some dancing, as sermon that included clips from Polar Express* and even some pan pipes (I only actively participated in the carol singing part, the rest I was merely an observer).

The pan pipes were slightly bizarre and included a rendition of "The Wind Beneath My Wings". Very concerning and I think not the kind of thing that should be repeated in a hurry. The rest was good though and then we went back to my friend's house and had more of a chat and ate some more food. It turned out to be a really good day. Just what I needed.

*If you follow that link it will take you to IMDB and the listing says that Jim Hanks is the main voice in the film, who apparently is the brother of Tom Hanks, although I have never heard of him. However, surely it is Tom Hanks who is in Polar Express?

No comments: