Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Next next

London was fine, no bloodbath, but no shopping purchased either. I am currently in an anti-Next phase. All I wanted was their homewares department, so I wandered to Oxford Street and went to the Oxford Circus branch. I asked if they sold homewares they said “No, but the Marble Arch branch does”, so I dutifully traipse down to the Marble Arch Branch and ask the same question, to which they said “No try the Oxford Circus branch”. But I had just come from there... So I just gave up at that point and will try elsewhere tomorrow.

I did however go to Selfridges with my friend and drank tea and ate scones, so that was good. I am wondering if my latest posts make me sounds as though I am about 90 – having afternoon tea and singing the Boar’s Head Carol. I assure you I am not- try dividing that number by 3 and you will be spot on.

Anyway, I spend way too much time messing about on the internet when I am on leave. But here are a couple of thing that have amused me of late:

This link really made me laugh. Just a typical day out dressed as a milk carton.

Also, ‘Tis the Season indeed for reflecting on Christmas, but not as we currently know it...

No comments: