Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to basics

So the decorating saga continues. There were parts of my front door that were just so poor that I would have had to strip them back anyway, so I figured I should bite the bullet and get on with it. I have taken most of the paint off, but I have one of those 1930s doors that is mainly wood but also has small glass panels in it – and getting the paint off those bits is going to be a bit of a task in itself. Hopefully I will pretty much have finished stripping the door by the end of tonight. Maybe…

I went to Robert Dyas to get some supplies for last night’s task and the chap put my purchases in a bag and then asked me if I’d like it to be double bagged. Now that’s service for you and one of the reasons why I love Mr Dyas. I may have to make a return visit there today to come up with some ideas for getting rid of all the paint on my door.

I need to set off for work early today because I have to be in for an 8.30 meeting. Someone has ordered breakfast for it and their boss said “Breakfast? I’m already half way through my day.” Comments like that really irritate me because a) I don’t suppose he really does get in at 4.30am and b) I think it is a bit arrogant to assume that just because you work anti-social hours that others should as well. I know 8.30am isn’t actually all that early, but every moment I get to stay in bed in the morning is a moment of pure joy for me. This morning is a real sacrifice.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Well, the man is obviously a twat and should be completely ignored. He likes to brag about his super human efforts and wants kudos for them too, so don't give him any. Good luck with the front door.

Random Reflections said...

Sweet irene - I ended up arriving late anyway but did still have a bit of breakfast. I couldn't even be bothered to apologise for being late, turning up at that time was enough effort!