Friday, July 11, 2008

Checking Out


Today will be my last day in the office for a week. What joy! There has been a distinct lack of preparation for our holiday, but I have packed the Ark building kit just in case. I know how to prioritise. I did, however, discover yesterday that we Brits have been misusing the term ‘monsoon’ of late, which actually refers to a wind (and in a specific geographical location), not rain.

Anyway, so tomorrow, we set off for a very welcome break in Cornwall. We have the Eden Project tickets and an idea of other potential activities, plus I have a stack of books to take with me. I probably won’t read many of them, but I can’t cope without having a selection of books to hand.

Rightio people, I’ll be gone for a week, so I’ll see you when I get back. Then I’ll wow you with tales of listening to talking books, the variety of drinks I put in my flask and how many steps I walked each day. I am sure you can hardly wait.

5 comments:

Kahless said...

Have a great holiday!

the vicious chicken said...

Have a lovely time! And feel free to pop in for a cuppa on your way past Bristol :o)
VCxx

Random Reflections said...

kahless - thank you!

vc - put the kettle on and I'll see you about midday. Maybe a bite of lunch as well please.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. I am jealous.

Random Reflections said...

LKSn - Thanks. I hope you have a good week.